Monday 7 March, 13:00-14:30 pm GMT
How can ministries of education play a leadership role during crises, what are the opportunities and obstacles? Join IIEP-UNESCO’s three-part series of online events to plan for the future of education, in and through crisis.
Join us for a virtual roundtable, during which experts in international education will engage in a moderated discussion around understanding and strengthening ministry leadership in crisis settings using a systems approach. The session will begin with a series of short presentations by the speakers on how they engage with issues related to ministry leadership and crisis in their own work. These presentations will be followed by a moderated conversation among speakers in an online roundtable format. As session attendees listen to the conversation, they will be able to share and react to comments and insights via an online tool called Padlet. The reflections gathered through Padlet will be summarised to share with forum attendees following the event to help keep the conversation going.
- Karen Mundy, Director, IIEP-UNESCO, Roundtable Host
- Loise Gichuhi, Senior Lecturer & EiE Coordinator, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Leon Tikly and Rafael Mitchell, Lead Researchers, Centre for Comparative and International Research in Education (CIRE), University of Bristol
- Susan Nicolai, Senior Research Fellow, ODI and Research Director, EdTech Hub
- Manos Antoninis, Director, Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report, Discussant