UKFIET, The Education and Development Forum, provides a pro-active forum for universities, non-governmental organisations, consultancy groups and professional associations to share ideas, knowledge and expertise. The Forum’s diverse membership is engaged in research, training, teaching, and campaigning and serve as a significant advisory resource to policy makers and practitioners in government, development agencies and non-governmental organisations.
To encourage the development of teaching, training, research and publication, and the promotion of good policy and practice, UKFIET:
- Organises events and activities on education and development issues;
- Provides a network of expertise for research and consultancy;
- Convenes and hosts a biennial International Conference on Education and Development;
- Hosts an annual colloquium on the EFA Global Monitoring Report in conjunction with the UK National Commission of UNESCO;
- Publicises and publishes work on issues of topical concern; and
- Makes representations to government and aid agencies on issues of common interest and concern.
Through our membership UKFIET constitutes a body of professional expertise that serves as a resource to policy-makers in multi-lateral, government, and non-government organisations, and to other institutions and agencies.
UKFIET is a non-profit organisation registered as a limited company in England No. 5725610 with Registered Charity No. 1116614. It has a Board of Trustees which oversees the Forum’s portfolio of activities. Also, the Forum has a volunteer Executive Committee which manages the delivery of the portfolio.