Date: 7 Jan 2021
Time: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Event Type: Webinar
The Futures of Education initiative aims to rethink education and shape the future in a world of rapid change and increasing complexity.
This webinar explores the following ideas:
- How can we prepare for change and complexity?
- How is ‘change’ different in different parts of the world?
- Should we profoundly rethink ‘education’, and what would this mean for curriculum, pedagogy, and textbooks?
The webinar will present key points from three of the background papers commissioned by the initiative and will invite audience participation in lively conversation.
- Helen Haste (University of Bath) & Vidur Chopra (Teachers College, Columbia University)
- Michele Schweisfurth (University of Glasgow)
- Andy Smart & James Williams (George Washington University) (NISSEM co-conveners)
Noah Sobe (UNESCO & Loyola University Chicago)
Enrique Chaux (Universidad de los Andes, Colombia)