12 June 13:00-14:30
On Monday 12 June, 2-3:30 pm GMT+2, VVOB is hosting a webinar to celebrate the release of NISSEM’s Global Briefs Volume 4 which looks at social and emotional learning (SEL) in a variety of global contexts.
This fourth volume entitled ‘Doing More with Language Teaching’ provides a rich contribution to the research literature on the relationship between language teaching and social and emotional learning. It features 16 papers by 37 contributors highlighting the importance of social and emotional learning for learners’ well-being and holistic development, and how language interventions can be strengthened to support SEL.
In this webinar, you’ll learn more about:
- The importance of social and emotional learning in the holistic development of children
- The critical role of language teaching in promoting social and emotional learning
- Examples from concrete research and case studies. Flick through the abstracts of the papers being presented here.
Run of the show
- Welcome | Esther Goldschmidt, Strategic Partnership Advisor at VVOB
- Introduction to the volume & first presentation | Susan Iannuzzi, Independent Education & Publishing Consultant
- Second presentation | Abdelkader Ezzaki, Independent Expert on Education & Training
- Third presentation | Michael Phiri, Research Advisor at VVOB in Zambia
- Fourth presentation | Le Anh Vinh, Director General of Vietnam Institute of Educational Sciences (VNIES) & the Director of National Center for Sustainable Development of General Education Quality
- Question and answer session | Speakers and audience
(Click on the name of our speakers to learn more about them!)