Date: 21 Jul 2021
Time: 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Event Type: Webinar
21 July 2021, 5-6pm BST
Organisers: The End Violence Partnership, the Global Partnership for Education, Safe to Learn
The Global Education Summit: Financing GPE 2021-2025 will take place in July 2021, co-hosted by the governments of Kenya and the United Kingdom. A focus of the Summit will be on providing a quality, safe and inclusive education for every child.
The Global Education Summit side event: Joining forces to end violence in and through schools will be held virtually from 12pm – 1pm (ET) on Wednesday 21st July.
Joy Phumaphi, Board Co-Chair of the End Violence Partnership, will chair a discussion including senior representatives from government, the Global Partnership for Education, World Bank, Education World Forum, Coalition for Good Schools, and global education advocates, on how the global community can work together to end the violence that undermines education and make sure every child — including the most marginalised — is safe to learn.
Participants will include:
- Ms. Helen Grant MP, United Kingdom Prime Minister’s Special Envoy on Girls’ Education
- Hon Janet Museveni, First Lady and Minister of Education and Sports, Uganda
- Dr Quentin Wodon, Main Author of the Investment Case, World Bank
- Dr Chloë Fèvre, Director, Safe to Learn
- Mr Gavin Dykes, Program Director, Education World Forum
- Dr Jaime Saavedra, Global Director for Education, The World Bank
- Ms Carol Mumbi, Youth Advocate and Student, Kenya
- Ms Jo Bourne, Chief Technical Officer, Global Partnership for Education
- Dr Bernadette Madrid, Co-Founder of the Coalition for Good Schools
- Mr Chad Rattray, Youth Advocate and Student, Jamaica
The Safe to Learn coalition will launch its new 2021-24 strategy at the event, and the World Bank will showcase findings from a ground-breaking investment case that provides data and evidence on the negative impact of violence in school — and the benefits of making school safe.
The event will be held in English with simultaneous translations in French and Spanish.