Date: 28 Oct 2021
Event Type: Webinar
28 October 11:30am BST
In several partner countries, education is subject to violent attacks by armed groups. How can actors react to a deteriorating context? How do we guarantee the right to education for every child, including in health, conflict and environmental emergencies? How do we enforce the principles of the ‘Safe Schools Declaration’?
- Daouda Diarra, Education in Emergency Specialist West and Central Africa Region, Plan International
- Basile Oubda, Technical Expert Inclusive Education Mali, Humanity & Inclusion / Handicap International
- Moderator: Romeo Matsas, Senior Policy Adviser, Plan International Belgium
About the series
Educaid.be is organising a series of five webinars on Education in Development. Each digital session will address a specific theme linked to education and training.
The objective of these webinars is to inspire professional actors working on education and training in the framework of international cooperation. It is primarily open to Educaid.be members and their partners, as well as to other actors of the Belgian development cooperation.
Each 60-minutes session will first start with a general perspective of the topic and an overview of the achievements realised by Educaid.be over the last five years. Then two experts will present their experiences from an operational perspective along with their recommendations that will be discussed by all participants during a Q&A session.
- Recordings and presentations of the five webinars will be available
- Language: English & French (simultaneous translation)
- Participation is free but registration for each session is required