Date: 19 Jul 2021
Time: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Event Type: Webinar
The Jacobs Foundation will host a side session in partnership with the LEGO Foundation for the GPE Education #GES2021 Summit on 19th July at 9am – 10:30am EDT / 3pm – 4:30pm CET. An international panel will discuss why holistic skills and measuring their impact are important to improve education and child development. Please join us!
Holistic skills are aptitudes designed to prepare children to learn how to learn, make connections, and find meaning in their world. Educating the whole child beyond core academic subjects better equips children for the challenges of the 21st Century.
Seven panelists working globally on holistic skills are:
- John Mugo – Zizi Afrique Foundation
- Nikhit D’Sa – Global Center for Development of the Whole Child at the University of Notre Dame
- Pauline Rose – Research for Equitable Access and Learning (REAL) at Cambridge University
- Adelle Pushparatnam – Global Knowledge and Innovation Unit of the Education Global Practice at the World Bank
- Andrew Cunningham – Aga Khan Foundation
- Sarah Richardson – Surveys and International Assessments Department at ACER
- Representative from the Ministry of Education in Ghana
This interactive session will offer insights from the panelists into real tools and ways to include and measure holistic skills, the barriers they face, and how we can come together as a community to address them.
#RaiseYourHand here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3877326261
Find out more about the partnership with GPE and other side events of the summit here: https://www.globalpartnership.org/financing-2025/summit