Harnessing the Capacity of ICT to ensure Inclusion, Quality and Impact in Education and Training in Africa, 20-22 August 2019, Gaborone, Botswana
- Background and Context
Education and training remain the bedrock for human empowerment, inclusive prosperity and progressive development. However, this education has to be accessed by all, under all circumstances, including refugees and displaced persons; it must be of highest possible quality, included well equipped and motivated teachers; and must be aligned to continental aspirations and expectations as articulated in Agenda 2063.
Against this background, the African Union Commission will hold the Second Edition of the Innovating Education in Africa Expo in Gaborone – Botswana, from 20th–22nd August, 2019.
- Purpose of the Event
The event is aimed at raising the visibility of these innovative practices in order that they can be supported, up-scaled, replicated or further developed. It will also be an opportunity to celebrate African innovators, and expose them to networks of potential markets, advisors and sponsors of their work.
- Venue and Format of the Event:
Innovations in the application of ICT In Education that have demonstrated impact in an African context, with potential for wide dissemination will be identified through Call for Submissions to be exhibited at the event. Groundbreaking research on use of ICT in delivery and management of Education will also be presented.
- Expected Outputs
The expected outputs of the Expo will include:
- Expo Report: a summary of key findings and messages of key policy and developmental relevance distilled from conference papers, innovations and keynote speeches
- Conference Proceedings: papers accepted for the conference will be published in the proceedings book and on African Union Website.
- Education Innovators handbook: collection of the innovations that will be exhibited during the event, providing information on the innovators and their contacts
- Expanded membership of the Africa Education Innovators Network which was established during the first Innovating Education in Africa Expo.
- Information on Participation
To participate in the event, please register at www.iea.edu-au.org. Deadline for registration is 31 July 2019. There are no registration fees, however participants will be expected to cover their own costs of travel and accommodation.
Participation is open to all actors and stakeholders in Education Development in Africa.
Deadline for registration is 31 July 2019.