Meeting Continental Targets for Inclusive, Quality and Transformative Education and Training in the 21st Century, 27-29th September 2018, Dakar, Senegal
The African Union Commission is working with several partner agencies across Africa to organise the ‘Innovating Education in Africa Expo’ to showcase technical and social innovations in every area of education and training. The purpose is to establish a multisectoral platform for experience sharing on relevant innovations that address education challenges in Africa. The event, to be held in Dakar, Senegal, from 27th-29th September, 2018 is also aimed at raising the visibility of these innovative practices in order that they can be supported, up-scaled, replicated or further developed.
Formats of submissions
As this will be an opportunity for engagement, we are looking for a diverse range of submissions including those listed below:
- Project Summary
- Policy Presentation Proposals
- Lightning Talks
- Digital Poster
- Techno Expo
The organising committee invites submissions of innovative projects, papers and policies regarding ground breaking practices and findings that are leading to more impact than traditional methods in education and training. Among others, we are looking for educational innovation in products, processes, services, programmes and partnerships. Innovations being sought for include both technical inventions and social innovations that seek to enhance access, inclusion, quality, relevance, school security, learning achievement, financing, employability, school management, STEM learning and so on.
- Individuals, organisations or government institutions of AU Member States;
- The innovations must have demonstrated impact, with potential for wide dissemination in Africa;
- The individual, organisation, government institution must consent to having their innovation shared across the continent for purposes of replication;
- Submissions must be made by the original author of the innovation or a senior official of the organisation or government institution that developed the innovation.
Please follow the following guidelines in your submission:
- Submission Languages: English and French.
- Submit your innovation in any of the specified formats on the event website at iea.edu-au.org/submit.
- Deadline for submissions is 15 July 2018, 12.00 midnight Addis Ababa time (GMT+3). Early submissions are encouraged.
- Each individual, organisation or government institution may make only one submission which must succinctly articulate a single original idea, argument or policy recommendation related to the selected topic.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Presentation of their innovations at the Innovating Education in Africa Expo.
- Funding support to participate in the event may be available, based on need and geographical distribution.
- Membership of the Africa Education Innovators Network (AEIN).
- Innovations will be published in the first edition of the Africa Education Innovators Handbook.
- Certificate of recognition for Innovation
More information and contacts
Full details can be found on the African Union website.