UNESCO’s IIEP is looking to establish a roster of consultants for short-term assignments throughout 2018. Deadline: 16 February 2018.
The IIEP Learning Portal is an online platform developed and managed by the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP). It provides a single window to comprehensive, up-to-date, relevant, and neutral information on learning issues, from pre-primary through to secondary education. It is also a place to foster a community for sharing tools, best practices, and perspectives, and pose questions to enable us to act together for the future of learning. The target audience is educational planners and decision-makers and the content of portal is intended to inform and contribute toward the education decision-making and planning processes that will improve learning.
The Portal is regularly updated with new content to ensure it remains relevant and lively. IIEP is therefore looking to establish a roster of consultants it can call on to provide and update content for its blogs, debates and issue briefs sections, as well as provide moderation for its online forums and webinars on a range of learning issues.
Typical assignments would include:
- Providing new content for the blogs section of the Portal, identifying interesting news and stories on learning initiatives from organisations and individuals around the world, drafting and supporting the write-up of the content.
- Providing suggestions of topics for the debates section, interviewing experts with contrasting viewpoints on different learning themes, recording the debates, and transcribing or summarising in a written format.
- Updating thematic research briefs on different learning issues to ensure that their content reflects the latest evidence and resources.
- Drafting short book reviews, or comparing and contrasting a selection of recent reports on a given theme.
- Moderating e-forums and webinars and drafting short summaries of the discussions.
- Advanced academic degree in a related field (education, development, international relations).
- Excellent drafting and synthesising skills.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English, French or Spanish.
Expressions of interest
Consultants interested in being included on the roster should submit an expression of interest with the following elements:
- Why you are interested in the work, referencing your areas of expertise, both thematic and geographic.
- A brief description of how you would propose to undertake the assignments.
- Your proposed fees per item / your daily rates.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Your period(s) of availability.
- The volume you could undertake over a 3-, 6- or 12-month period.
- Your preferred drafting language.
- Examples and/or samples of writing for the web with URLs would also be appreciated.
Please respond by no later than 16 February 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org