The first draft of the report of the International Panel of Social Progress (IPSP), “Rethinking Society for the 21st Century“, is now out!
We welcome comments on the online platform https://comment.ipsp.org/
Please comment, circulate and advertise widely.
The report is a product of a two-year international initiative. It is the first comprehensive synthesis of state-of-the-art social sciences knowledge about key issues facing humankind today. It the first collaborative and participatory initiative of its kind.
Key features include:
– Written by up to 250 leading academics from all around the world
– Takes a holistic approach to social progress: not only the economy, but health, education, gender relations, political participation ..
– Focuses on the consequences of globalization and inequality, with a normative focus on the pursuit of justice broadly understood
– Identifies scholarly consensus as well as disagreements
– Each chapter concludes with advice to policy-makers.
The report – the first international collaborative document of its kind, highlighting the direct relevance of scholarly knowledge to social and political change – is eventually to be published by Cambridge University Press.
In the meantime, the report is open to wide public discussion. We invite comments from all concerned citizens – including, but not exclusively, NGOs, think tanks, and social entrepreneurs.