UKFIET would like to thank the individuals who contribute to the bursary fund directly or via the voluntary conference fee levy from previous conferences. Through this we are able to make available a number of bursaries to assist delegate participation.
Grants will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Hardship: the applicant is unable to attend the virtual conference without financial support;
- Contribution to the conference: the applicant has had an abstract accepted for presentation as a paper in the virtual conference programme.
- Participation in the conference will clearly contribute to the applicant’s professional development.
- If you have received an UKFIET bursary before, you are not eligible to apply.
Applicants should submit the following:
- The ID number of your abstract submission
- A personal statement providing evidence of the above criteria [Maximum 300 words];
- A letter of support from their institution or, in the case of research students, from their academic supervisor;
- A short CV (Max 3 pages) including:
(a) personal background information [titles, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, degrees, occupation, institutional, status, functions and postal and e-mail addresses];
(b) For university teachers and researchers: full references of recent publications (no more than 5);
(c) For research students: a summary of their doctoral research and progress to date [Maximum 300 words];
(d) For members of other organisations: a description of their organisation and key activities in progress or recently undertaken [Maximum 300 words].
- If you have applied for a BAICE scholarship as well please indicate this.
Inevitably, demand for bursaries will far exceed supply. Please apply only if you meet the criteria stated and even applicants who meet all the criteria may well be disappointed. UKFIET is unlikely to support more than one applicant from the same institution. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients of a bursary award will be expected in addition to presenting their paper to produce a blog or article relating to their paper or the conference for publication on the UKFIET website. Our Engagement Fellow will provide further information regarding the blog/article following awards being made.
Deadline for application 28 May 2021
We aim to confirm our decision to applicants in June.