UKFIET would like to thank the individuals who contribute to the bursary fund directly or via the voluntary conference fee levy from previous conferences. Through this we are able to make available a number of bursaries in the form of a 50% fee waiver to assist non-presenter delegate participation.
50% fee waivers will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Hardship: the applicant is unable to attend the virtual conference without financial support;
- Participation in the conference will clearly contribute to the applicant’s professional development.
Applicants should submit the following:
- A personal statement providing evidence of the above criteria [Maximum 300 words];
- A letter of support from their institution or in the case of research students, from their academic supervisor;
- If self-employed/freelance, include a reference from one of your usual/regular clients confirming work that has been cancelled/postponed impacting your earnings and/or a self-declaration;
- A short CV (Max 3 pages) including:
(a) personal background information [titles, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, degrees, occupation, institutional, status, functions and postal and e-mail addresses];
(b) For university teachers and researchers: full references of recent publications (no more than 5);
(c) For research students: a summary of their doctoral research and progress to date [Maximum 300 words];
(d) For members of other organisations or self-employed/freelance consultants: a description of their organisation and key activities in progress or recently undertaken [Maximum 300 words].
Inevitably, demand for 50% fee waivers may well far exceed supply. Please apply only if you meet the criteria stated and even applicants who meet all the criteria may well be disappointed. UKFIET is unlikely to support more than one applicant from the same institution. Please apply to email@example.com by 21st July.
Recipients of a 50% fee waiver will be expected to produce a blog or article relating to their work or the conference for publication on the UKFIET website. Our Engagement Fellow will provide further information regarding the blog/article following awards being made.
Successful applicants will be expected to register and pay the remaining fees due by 15th August, to allow reallocation of bursary funds to others in advance of the conference in case of successful applicants not taking up places.